This category encompasses a foreign national who has demonstrated to the Director-General of Home Affairs that he or she possesses extra ordinary skills or qualifications. It will be necessary for an applicant in this category to provide the following:
- proof of at least five (5) years post qualification working experience;
- a letter from a foreign or South African organ of State or from an established South African academic, cultural or business body confirming the applicant’s extraordinary skills or qualifications;
- evaluation of foreign qualifications onto a South African level by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- registration with the appropriate professional body as recognised the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA); and
- other proof to substantiate extraordinary skills or qualifications, such as publications and testimonials.