This website has been updated, wherever possible, in order to reflect the most recent changes in our immigration laws.
South African Police Clearances – Clarification of the Process
In September 2016 the Director General of Home Affairs issued a directive stating that all applicants in South Africa requiring a South African Police Clearance Certificate to support their Visa applications, variation thereto or extensions thereof, no longer had to go through this process at a local Police Station and Central Criminal Records Bureau of the South African Police Services.
The Director General had announced that this would now be done at the point of lodgement of the Visa application by the VFS officials, with payment of the fee of R175.00 being payable via VFS in this regard.
It became apparent rather quickly thereafter that, with the best of intentions, the Department of Home Affairs and VFS were not capable of dealing with this rather sudden announcement.
In other words the prior process in respect of South African Police Clearances must be reverted to and the process of going to the nearest Police Station remains in place.
We can be of assistance in obtaining South African Police Clearances Certificates.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Temporary residence – this includes all categories such as study, work, business, retired persons, relatives permits etc.
- Permanent residence permits
- Naturalisation/ South African citizenship
- Determinations of status
- Retention of South African citizenship
- Resumption of citizenship
- Exemption from the loss of South African citizenship
- Restoration of permanent residence rights
- Evaluation of foreign qualifications
- Appeals or review applications to the Department of Home Affairs
- Petitions and exemption applications to the Minister of Home Affairs
- Agreements of cohabitation or life partnership agreements
- Antenuptial contracts
- Apostille on South African documents for use abroad
- Facilitating sworn translations
- Waiver applications
- Exceptional skills certifications
- Deregistration in respect of cancellation of work permits
- Facilitating advertisement in the national printed media in accordance with Home Affairs requirements
- Facilitating salary benchmarkings
- Confirmation of employment applications
- Verification of permits
- Transfer of permits into new passports
- Seminars on immigration to South Africa