Indemnity Please be advised that Julian Pokroy Attorneys is not responsible for any updates that the Department of Home Affairs may have made to the forms that are mentioned below. Please take note that these forms may differ to the forms provided by your local Home Affairs office or South African Embassy or High Commission. Please also take note that the Department of Home Affairs does specifically require the majority of the forms to be obtained directly from their offices and to be completed at their offices. Many of the Home Affairs offices do not allow you to enter their premises with a form obtained from elsewhere.

Downloads and Links

To download acrobat reader click here acrobat
Right Clink on Icons and choose “save target as” to save to hard drive or simply click on Icon and it will open document in a new browser.

immigration forms  temporary residence  

Form BI 1738 ( Form 8 ) Application for a Temporary Residence Permit 

Form BI 1739 ( Form 10 ) Application for renewal

Form BI 1740 ( Form 9 ) Application to Change Conditions or Status

Form BI 811 Medical Certificate 

Form BI 806 Radiological report 

Form BI 1712A (Form 12) Affidavit in Respect of Parties to a Permanent Spousal Relationship

Form BI 84 (Form 11) Application for a Visa

Visa Exemption List

permanent residence

Form BI 947 (Form 18) Application for Permanent Residence


SA Citizenship Amendment Act 17 of 2004

SA Citizenship Act 88 of 1995

Form BI 529 Application for Determination of Status 

Form B I666 Application for Exemption from loss of South African Citizenship

Form BI 1664 Application for Retention of South African Citizenship

Form BI 63 Application for Naturalisation

Form BI 175 Application for Resumption of South African Citizenship

Form BI 73 Application for Passport